Del-Teet Furniture opened in 1929 on Seattle’s Capitol Hill. It was a branch store from its first showroom in Denver, Colorado. This photo is from about 1930. Note the tree-trunk columns around the aches. Mr. Teeter was an avid outdoorsman and insisted on this detail. The building was designed by Mr. Anhault and built by Mr. Teeter and his crew.
The face of the building survives today as the front piece to a condo development.
In the early 1950’s Mr. Teeter’s son, Bill introduced “modern” furniture. It was very successful and set the tone for the merchandise mix that you see today in our Bellevue store.
Why “DEL-TEET”? It’s the combination, (very fashionable in the 1920’s), of the two nicknames of the founders. Doctor DELnaey on the left; and Cyrus TEETer on the right. Photo is undated but is from the Denver area at the time the first store was built. Dr. Delaney left the business in the early 1930’s but his name still is part of our history.
Here’s photo of the Home of the Future from a 1940’s Seattle City Light display. Note the fashionable “streamlined” Del-Teet Furniture.
Del-Teet Furniture Store
10308 NE 10th Street
Bellevue, WA 98004